SARS Annual Report 2015
A copy of the NCA SAR Annual Report can be found here;
This contains some useful insights including: -
- an increase in SAR reporting within the casino and betting sectors
- reference to administrative closure of consent SARs when insufficient information is provided
- an overview of the Review of the SAR regime
- a range of contextual statistics
- a helpful summary of the nature of the SAR regime – at Annex A
Specific information on lotteries can be found on page 26 of the report
Gambling Industry Statistics 2014
The Gambling Commission has published the industry statistics for the period 1 April 2010 to 30 September 2014 (although the figures provided for October 2013 to September 2014 are provisional at this stage). During the period October 2013 and September 2014 the British gambling industry, as regulated by the Commission, generated a gross gambling yield (GGY) of over £7.1bn, a rise of £327m (5%) compared to the period April 2013 to March 2014.
Growth, compared to the previous year, was greatest in the remote betting, bingo and casino sector (up £213m or 19%), in the non-remote casino sector (up £43m or 4%) and in the large society lotteries sector (up £29m or 10%). The non-remote betting sector also experienced a growth of £57m, representing a 2% increase on the previous year.
You can download the gambling industry statistics from the Gambling Commission website.