The Fundraising Regulator has said it will consult charities on prospective changes to the Code of Fundraising Practice in the new year, following a meeting with ‘key stakeholders’ last Wednesday. In a statement on its website, the Fundraising Regulator said the consultation on possible changes to the Code of Fundraising Practice will take place between February and April 2017. The Regulator asked those who would “like to be added as the key contact on its list of stakeholders to be included in the upcoming and future consultations to email them. More information can be found here.
The Regulator also confirmed it had invited “several stakeholder representatives from umbrella bodies across the sector” to discuss the upcoming consultation. A number of “issues around consent” were covered – particularly in relation to the report from NCVO’s working group on consent. In addition the meeting discussed issues around soliciting donations; working with third parties and trustees.
A spokesman from the Fundraising Regulator refused to comment further on the topics discussed, or name which stakeholders had been present. He did say however the meeting was held to “further guide the Fundraising Regulator’s thinking about the consultation that it is planning to launch on the development of the Code early next year”. IoF and Commission present at the meeting.
The Fundraising Regulator took control of the Code of Fundraising Practice from the Institute of Fundraising when it launched on 7 July.