When your organisation joins the Lotteries Council it becomes a part of a powerful team.
Here's what the Council will do for you:
- We provide the authority and credibility required to support a Society Lottery operation with its potential contributors.
- The Council represents our members at the highest level, giving access to points of influence which would otherwise be unattainable
- The Council provides invaluable networking opportunities by meeting up with other society lottery operators
- Membership gives access to top legal advice on running a lottery
- The Annual Conference and AGM is a great focus for lottery operators, providing excellent value for money
- The Council & The Gambling Commission (the regulators) work closely together.
- We contribute to The Responsible Gambling Trust on your behalf, so you can as a member of the LC display the The Responsible Gambling Trust logo on your website and stationery
- We champion the needs of all Society lottery promoters at Government level, being instrumental in influencing any changes to lottery law.
- We provide timely and accurate knowledge of changing legal and market conditions through regular bulletins and our website
- The Council acts as a forum for the sharing of advice and knowledge among fellow members, through structured regional meetings
- The Council has within its membership a number of individuals who have acquired considerable knowledge and expertise in all aspects of lottery operation who are available to advise both informally and formally on practical matters
- All members are regulated by a Code of Practice and can thus be regarded as being responsible lottery operators by the public, legal authorities and potential contributors.
- We provide up to date news of what is available in the market place
- We can effect introductions to reliable and efficient lottery product suppliers.
- We defend the reputation of the industry by self-regulation